project duration: 01/2020 – 03/2020
In the course of the renovation and expansion measures of the St. Josef Hospital in 1130 Vienna from 2018-2021, the integration of renewable energies (photovoltaics and solar thermal energy) was to be considered. The aim was to cover a part of the energy demand of St. Josef Hospital in the future with renewable energies.
The following activities were part of the feasibility study:
1. Energetic/technical Evaluation
- Simulation of PV systems variants (Polysun) with monthly evaluation of PV yield, internal consumption and degree of self-sufficiency depending on the installed capacity and investment costs
- Simulation of solar thermal systems variants (Polysun) with monthly evaluation of solar yield, internal consumption and substitution of gas
- Description of other necessary measures (integration into the existing heating system)
2. Ecological Assessment
- Primary energy saving
- CO2 saving
3. Economic Valuation
- Investment costs
- Energy cost savings
- Static amortisation
4. Recommendations on Implementation
On the basis of the results, the client was put in a position to make further decisions on the integration of renewable energies for the building.